Wednesday 28 November 2012

Faux Fur Sake

So what do you think about Real fur?
Im in love with fur and when I see a fur coat on the catwalk they always look absolutely stunning, luxurious and full of warmth!
However, I just can't do real fur....I do not think it is right in this day and age to endanger any animals for their skin? I would not be a paint thrower or anything but even if a Brand new fur coat was given to me I would decline with...... a sad face :(
However, am I contradicting myself if I say I wear Vintage fur???????
My mum had a fur coat from the 1960's and gave it to me, yes I do still have it and yes I have worn it a couple of times........but I'm not sure if I should?
In a way I feel like I'm recycling it.....and if I didn't wear it somebody else would, or it would be burnt and then its a waste, surely??
So where do we stand with vintage fur?? Is it allowed??
I think there is some great faux fur out there nowadays and I would love people to go for faux rather than real... is this something that will ever happen????

Below are some images of Designer NEW Real fur and some street styles fur........

Famous scene in SATC Carrie in Fur...Vintage?

Im guessing faux fur??

Olivia Palermo in fur

Alexander McQueen Fur....

Rosie Huntingdon Whiteley

Kate Moss loves fur, new and Vintage

Street style Fur

Burberry Real Fur collar

Victoria Beckham in fur

No comments:

Post a Comment